Monday, April 20, 2009

From the Archives: TV Screams

Back in the summer of 1979, I wandered into the summer version of the Daily Cardinal and offered my services as a writer of...anything. I reviewed some records, some concerts and some movies for the summer. In the fall, I had the idea of writing a daily TV column, just looking at the TV Guide and writing whatever popped into my head about what was on the tube that night. My column ran down whatever empty gutters the editors needed to fill. It was a great opportunity to write daily, hang around the office and get to know some wonderful people putting together what was then an important daily college newspaper.
New stuff to follow....honest.

1 comment:

William Tyroler said...

I'd like to put in a plug for It Doesn't End with Us: The Story of the Daily Cardinal, by Allison Hantschel. The title pretty much sums it up. Anyone who had any connection to the paper will probably be interested in this briskly-told history.